I hope you are all surviving the first week of our second round of lockdown in Victoria. As per the initial lock down order, the Victorian State Government has responded to these latest Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions, by announcing that they would be expanding their original business support fund.
Applications have now opened for further grants of $5,000 to eligible businesses. To be eligible the business must:
- Operate a business in one of the locations subject to the Stage 3 restrictions.
- Be part of the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper payment scheme.
- Employ people and be registered with WorkSafe on 30 June 2020.
- Have an annual payroll of less than $3 million.
- Be registered for GST on 30 June 2020.
- Hold an ABN at 30 June 2020.
Businesses that have received funding from other components of the Victorian Government’s Economic Survival Package are eligible to apply for this program.
Business owners that do not employ people (non-employing businesses) are not eligible for funding through this program.
Applications close 19 August 2020 and can be made using the following link:
If you have any questions regarding the Victorian Business Support Fund please contact JHL Accounting.